Happy MUT Season everyone! I wanted to share with you guys some tips to start the MUT year off on the right foot or left foot. I know there are some lefties out there. Here you’ll find several key tips as you begin your MUT experience for Madden 20.
Skills Trainer Packs
- A good way to brush up on your Madden game, or learn some new things, is through the Skills Trainer. You can find it under Exhibition on the main menu of the game.
- Get up to 12 MUT packs and all of the items in the pack are auctionable, which is super nice for low/no-money-spent teams.
Where are my playbooks?
- In the Store under the Team Items tab, you can purchase an Offensive or Defensive Playbook Fantasy Pack for 150 Training.
- Alternate Offensive and Defensive Playbook Fantasy Packs are also available for 150 Training in the same section.
What X-Factor and Superstar Abilities can my players get?
- Fairly complex question, but here’s a link to a complete breakdown of which Archetype can get which ability, as well as descriptions for both X-Factor and Superstar Abilities:
Google Drive Sheet
I highly recommend you bookmark the link for easy reference
Track your Power Up Passes
- You'll likely want to change which players you use your Power Up passes on at some point in the season. Unfortunately, we still have to write down which players we used our Power Up passes on. It’s well worth it for you to take the extra 10 seconds to write down who you’re using Power-Up passes on. Future you will be very thankful.
Where are the Journey Challenges?
- You unlock the Journey when you reach MUT Level 25
What Challenges should I start with?
- Start with Assemble Your Team Challenges. You’ll receive some low gold players (72 OVR) to add to your roster. The Fantasy Packs you’ll get don’t matter much in the end, just pick players that help fill out your roster.
- After you thoroughly dominate the Assemble Your Team Challenges, in the Challenges menu, select NFL Epics and start acquiring stars for an 86 OVR Baker Mayfield. Baker is going to make your grind a lot easier.
Note: You can also obtain an 86 OVR Deacon Jones to help with your defensive line through the NFL Epics Challenges. Make sure to check the Milestones tab above it to see your progress
- Keep checking the Missions tab to see what you need to do to acquire your next Ultimate Trainer Token. You’re going to need 6 Ultimate Trainer Tokens to make your pick of an 85 OVR Ultimate Trainer Master (no auction/trade). I highly recommend you pick Lattimore to bolster your secondary but this is your MUT team, not mine. Below are all 5 of the Ultimate Trainer Masters. Just note that you’re only going to be able to pick 1 player.
You guys are always free to hit me up on Twitter (@HopeVidyas) if you have additional MUT questions… or life questions? I guess I could do that too.