1. Lead Blocking - FB's, and even pulling lineman are dumb. They'd have better luck blocking blindfolded with the way the current AI is set-up. This should be fixed. Everyone that's played football knows that when you pull, you hit the first man you see. In Madden however, the FB or pulling Lineman will either stop in the middle of the play, or just completely miss the guy they're supposed to be blocking. This needs to be changed.
2. Left Tackle & Right Tackle Blocking - We're at a point in the season where its a 99 DE vs. a 99 LT or RT. and the blocking is yet again atrocious. I have been sacked more times with my 99 overall Willie Roaf then I have been with any other player. And that 99 Willie Roaf cost a lot in Coin and TP. To be annihilated by an End with absolutely no blocking whatsoever is definitely messed up and needs some attention in the next version of Madden.
3. Defensive Pass Coverages - I've noticed this a lot, especially this week. I usually line-up in a nickel coverage blitzing one or both of my linebackers. Yet, sometimes, my FS or SS takes it upon themselves to blitz. I'm not controlling them, they just decide to rush the QB with no one back in coverage. Even though that's not the assigned play. This is also apparent in coverage audibles. When I tell my defensive backs to watch for the pass, and cover over the top, they freeze at the line of scrimmage allowing the WR to easily get 10 feet passed them for a wide open reception. I'm not sure I understand why line audibles, or play calling is essentially irrelevant allowing the players to not play their assignments, blitz, or do whatever else they want to do besides what the play call is.
4. Momentum - This one is HUGE for me. In a lot of cases you can tell who has the momentum from the first kick-off. That player gets all the calls, can pass into quadruple coverage and still get the completion. They bounce off players who are trying to make a tackle. They get more favorable calls. And its almost impossible to win these games. So it prompts quitting the game to get a game that's a more favorable match-up or a game where the momentum is in my favor. This needs to be tweaked. There should not be such a significant difference in play between one h2h player and the other. But this is a delicate issue because people that have grinded out games and have a much better team should be rewarded for their effort with greater amount of success. But to make a game that momentum is in the other teams favor irrelevant, and unwinnable is just stupid.
5. NFL Style Football - I hear Farls and all the Madden guys on Madden Bowl and what not say this a game. But EA"s motto is "If Its In The Game, It's in The Game"..... right... like 5 interceptions, and 4 fumbles, and no matter what the AI is against you? That's garbage. And Again I'm mostly talking about h2h and Seasons in MUT. Traditional Franchise Gameplay or Solos don't appear to be affected. Its just Madden has taken control over h2h games and it seems like they've pre-determined who the winner is going to be prior to the game even being played. I don't like that and it needs to be changed.
I 'll come back and do some additional updates, but so you know, I'm 99.9% complete in all solos, have my Madden Coach completely upgraded, and I think Madden has literally been on 12 hours a day since I got to play early release nearly a year ago. I think I'm qualified to pass judgement and these are some of my most glaring issues at the moment in MUT H2h...